MEL - THE SUN - 04/07/07

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

MEL - THE SUN - 04/07/07

Message par Mess le Ven 6 Juil - 18:42

SHE is the only one of the SPICE GIRLS not to have conceived – now MELANIE “SPORTY” CHISHOLM fears she may never get pregnant.

In a sensational interview, the singer reveals that her unhealthy diet and fitness regime may have wrecked her chances of having a baby.

Mel also admits she feels GUILTY about misleading young Spice fans about her real body shape.

She was a favourite with young girls who looked up to the “cool” tomboy Spice Girl who performed back flips across the stage.

On the eve of the Spice reunion tour, Mel also lifts the lid on how she fell victim to eating disorders in a bid to maintain her public image.

Mel, now 33, said: “I was underweight and my image was unhealthy. There were kids who were looking up to me. I want to rectify any of the damage I caused.

“I got so thin when I wasn’t eating my periods stopped and my bones became very fragile. I may have done permanent damage.”

Asked if it worries her she may never be a Spice Mum, Mel replies: “I hope I’m still in with a chance.”

To the fans, Mel was living every teenager’s dream. She had the fame, the fortune and the glam lifestyle. She performed with Hollywood superstar BRUCE WILLIS and dated ROBBIE WILLIAMS and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' ANTHONY KEIDIS.

But, amid the thrill of being a member of the most successful girl group of all time, Mel was struggling to cope with the pressure of being a superstar.

She developed an eating disorder, dropping to a size six, and was plunged into depression as she tried to live up to her image.

Today, Mel is a healthy size ten. She looks fit, laughs a lot and is content in her personal life.

She has been dating Thomas Starr, 37, a builder, for five years and is happy in the background while her old bandmate VICTORIA BECKHAM grabs the headlines.

She says: “It took me a long time to recover from the whole experience that was the Spice Girls. It was such a huge, life-changing event and a crazy time.

“I was living off adrenaline and wasn’t taking care of myself.

“I had put pressure on myself to look a certain way. I found it hard to feel worthy of what was happening because it was so incredible.

“I went to the gym and trained constantly. I wasn’t eating properly. I wanted to get as perfect as I could, knowing perfection is impossible and that got me very sick.”

The writing was on the wall for Mel in 2000 at the launch of what was to be the final Spice album, Forever. She was abusive and aggressive to the media.

She was clearly unhappy and depressed. I was stunned at Mel’s behaviour. I’d met her many times before and she was always polite and eager to please. But that night it was as though she had been possessed by the devil of LIAM GALLAGHER.

She flicked V signs at photographers, swore and behaved like a lout. The other Spice Girls were furious.

Victoria couldn’t believe Mel was wrecking the public image the girls worked so hard to create.

For years Victoria held Mel responsible for bringing about the downfall of the group based on her behaviour that night.

After the split, Mel’s weight ballooned and she was dubbed “Beefy Spice” and “Sumo Spice”.

She fell into a deep depression and only managed to recover with the help of her family.

The Merseysider credits her mum Joan, also a singer, with getting her back on to the straight and narrow. She says: “I’m lucky I’ve always had a great relationship with Mum.”

She believes the pressure on celebs to be underweight is even greater today — and fears for future generations.

She explains: “It’s a hundred times worse than when I started out. We have to take responsibility and fight it through the media and the fashion industry because it’s children who are affected.

“It puts pressure on teenagers to look a certain way and you shouldn’t have to worry about things like that when you’re young.”

Mel still beats herself up over the role she played in projecting a false body image. She says: “I feel guilty because I was underweight and my image was unhealthy.

“There were kids looking up to me and that’s why I’m being open and honest. I want to talk about that time to try to rectify any of the damage that I have caused.”

These days Melanie still works out at the gym, but she eats well.

She has had the most successful solo career of all the Spice Girls, notching up top ten hits in Britain and around Europe.

After being dropped by her record label in 2003, she funded her own album and she has a new one out soon, This Time. Mel was initially the most resistant towards a reunion because of the relative success of her solo career. But no doubt she is now looking forward to recouping some of the cash she spent financing her last CD.

The girls are due to rake in millions from the reunion tour, thanks to sponsorship deals set up by pop svengali Simon Fuller.

Mel said: “The stress has gone out of my work and I enjoy it more than in the days of the Spice Girls.

“I work at my own pace and I get to do the thing I love most — going out there and performing.”

Spending time with Victoria recently confirmed Mel’s view she’s lucky to be out of the super league.

She says: “I’d forgotten what it’s like being stalked by paparazzi and your fringe being headline news.”

Instead, Mel is happy spending time with Thomas. She says: “We’ve been together five years. Of course there are spanners in the works now and then, but things are good.

“I’m happy with my situation but I want to be a mum and I’d like more than one child.

“Geri lives near me now and I spend time with her and Bluebell.

“Emma is a glowing mum-to-be. We’re all in our 30s so it’s time to be focusing on family. I’m 33 so the old clock is ticking.”

Mel, Emma, Geri, Melanie B and Victoria are due to get back on stage on a world tour kicking off in Los Angeles on December 7.

Mel is confident it will be more fun and less pressure this time.

She was always dubious about whether the Spice Girls could recreate their “magical time” together, but now says: “I wouldn’t want to be a spoilsport.

“I wouldn’t want to be the one who didn’t make up the full set.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007300653,00.html
Mess
Spicy blabla

Masculin Nombre de messages : 740

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: MEL - THE SUN - 04/07/07

Message par Spice-Invaders le Sam 7 Juil - 0:35

Merci c'est cool!!!
Jespere que les gens comprendront mieux pkoi elle a si longtps
refuser de recréer les spice girls!!!!
Spice-Invaders
spicy bavard

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2677

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.soburlesqueblog.com

Message par coralied le Sam 7 Juil - 9:24

je comprend mieu melanie c maintenant la pauvre ell est tomber en depression je peux la comprendre avec la pression des medias, le stresse , l'angoisse etc... ca na fais pas de bonne chose. mais l'essentielle c'est qu'elle aille mieux maintenant et esperons qu'elle pourra devenir maman.
coralied
spicy bavard

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5320

Message par floggyfr le Sam 7 Juil - 12:10

Moi je savais qu'elle n'allait pas bien. Elle est extrêment généreuse, je l'aime trés fort, j'espére qu'elle ira de mieux en mieux et qu'elle réussira à se faire accepter pour son talent et non pour ce qu'elle représente.
floggyfr
Spicy nouveau

Féminin Nombre de messages : 56

Message par Ang' le Sam 7 Juil - 12:35

Elle a un moral d'acier ma puce c'est pour ça que je l'aime même si elle a souffert et souffre toujours elle a une force de caractère qu'on ne lui soupçonnait pas !!!!
Ang'
spicy bavard

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2761

Message par Mess le Sam 7 Juil - 14:12

On ne soupçonnait pas une telle descente...pourtant, dieu sait qu'elle faisait peine a voir aux EMA 2000...Elle semble 100x plus équilibrée aujourd'hui. Et ca fait plaisir a voir!
Mess
Spicy blabla

Message par Mess le Sam 7 Juil - 14:23

Scan de l'article (Forum EmmaBuntonOfficial):

Mess
Spicy blabla

Message par Ang' le Sam 7 Juil - 14:43

merci
Ang'
spicy bavard

Message par Leo le Sam 7 Juil - 15:43

Snif c'est vrai que c'est très triste mais le plus important est d'en êtr sorti grandie et qu'elle soit bien avec elle-même maintenant.
Leo
spicy bavard

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2315

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://tinydu62.skyblog.com

Message par Melt le Sam 7 Juil - 22:39

Merci pour l'article Mess ^^

Melt
spicy bavard

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5831

Message par miss_alexia le Sam 7 Juil - 22:50

Humm merci mais je comprend rien du tout a l'article .. quelqu'un pourrait traduire svp ? Rolling Eyes
miss_alexia
Spicy blabla

Féminin Nombre de messages : 423

Message par Melt le Sam 7 Juil - 23:09

Bah en gros titre elle dit qu'elle a maigri, qu'elle ne mange pas et qu'elle a peur qu'elle eusse ruiné sa chance d'avoir des enfants.

Melt
spicy bavard

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5831

Message par miss_alexia le Sam 7 Juil - 23:46

Peur de ruiné sa chance d'avoir des enfants .. elle parle de maintenant ? ou d'avant ...Rolling Eyes De toute façon 33 ans c'est pas vieux du tout ... elle fondera la famille qu'elle veut !
miss_alexia
Spicy blabla

Féminin Nombre de messages : 423

Message par Ang' le Dim 8 Juil - 8:58

elle parle d'avant car quand on ne mange pas pour etre mince apparemenrt on se développe mal et la chance d'avoir des enfants après est très mince, donc ça remonte à l'époque des SG!!
Ang'
spicy bavard

Message par Leo le Dim 8 Juil - 9:24

Il lui restera toujours l'adoption au pire des cas, et ca fera un heureux sur Terre et puis voila.
Leo
spicy bavard

Message par floggyfr le Dim 8 Juil - 10:07

Tout ce que je souhaite moi c'est qu'elle ne paye pas ou se comporte comme madonna pour adopter.
Je sais qu'elle n'est pas comme ça mais si elle le faisait je serais profondément déçue par melanie et j'en aurais mal.

Je sais au plus profond que moi qu'elle ne le fera pas car elle est humaine. J'espére qu'elle n'aura pas à adopter et qu'elle nous fera un beau bébé.

Je veux qu'elle soit heureuse, elle le mérite comme beaucoup de gens sur Terre.
floggyfr
Spicy nouveau

Message par Mess le Dim 8 Juil - 11:09

Elle dit qu'a l'époque des Spice elle s'adonnait a la gym et a un régime strict. Comme les anorexiques, elle a fini par perdre énormément de poids afin d'arriver a une silhouette "parfaite", jusqu'a ne plus avoir de règles et fragiliser ses os. Venue la sortie de Forever, Mel était déja tombée en dépression et était devenue agressive. De plus les médias ont commencer a l'appeler Sumo Spice etc...Et sa depression s'est aggravée.Elle déclare que c'est le contrecoup de l'aventure spice girls qui l'a rendue comme ça et elle dit donc qu'elle espère ne pas avoir gaspillé sa chance d'avoir un enfant. Désormais elle est revenue a une taille 10. Elle a donc réussi a sortir le stress de sa vie et surtout de son boulot et pour cette raison elle apprécie son retour dans le groupe. Peut etre est ce une explication a ses refus successifs...En tout cas on y apprend qu'elle vit a coté de Geri...!
Mess
Spicy blabla

Message par floggyfr le Dim 8 Juil - 11:38

Merci pour ces précisions, je n'avais pas compris ça, je pensais que sa chance d'avoir un enfant étit faible tu me rassures même si les conséquences sur sa santé ont été graves.

Pour ma part, je ne m'étais jamais rendue compte de son agressivité.
floggyfr
Spicy nouveau

Message par Spice-Invaders le Dim 8 Juil - 13:48

Elle a plutot bien réussi car Perez Hilton,
le mec qui a un site de potin sur les stars
que victoria a rencontré..
Et ce mossieux a dit qu'étrangement,
c'etait melanie C a plus belle,
la plus tendance...

Alors qu'elle s'en ai pris pleins la gueule,
Ugly Spice, Sumo Spice etc...

c'est une jolie revanche...
Spice-Invaders
spicy bavard

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2677

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.soburlesqueblog.com

Message par Leo le Dim 8 Juil - 14:01

Bah son aggressivité peut-etre pas au sens propre mais regarde le live à Ear'ls Court, elle déglingue toutes els chansons, fait n'importe quoi, elle est complètement frappée aussi aux EMA's 2000 mais on comprend simplement qu'elle etait mal dans sa peau, elle etait completement paumée la pauvre
Leo
spicy bavard

Message par Mess le Dim 8 Juil - 14:58

floggyfr a écrit:Merci pour ces précisions, je n'avais pas compris ça, je pensais que sa chance d'avoir un enfant étit faible tu me rassures même si les conséquences sur sa santé ont été graves.

Pour ma part, je ne m'étais jamais rendue compte de son agressivité.

C'est les journalistes qui ont déclaré qu'en interview elle n'avait rien a voir avec la Mel de 96...

Oui, les EMA 2000, elle faisait peine a voir...
Mess
Spicy blabla

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut